Are you looking to hone your investing or trading skills?
Are you looking to improve your knowledge of proven investment and portfolio management techniques?
Have you ever considered how technical analysis can complement a fundamental and/or macro-based approach to investing?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘Yes’ then The Fat Prophets Investing Masterclass may be just right for you.
Fat Prophets Investing Masterclass
Head of Client Services
Head of Research, CFA
Greg Smith has been Head of Research at Fat Prophets for over 20 years. He has been an active private investor in the stock market for over 30 years, and has long adopted a value based fundamental approach to his stock picking. Greg is a Chartered Financial Analyst.
Research Analyst, CFA
Jon Mills is a Research Analyst at Fat Prophets. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst. After beginning his career as a tax accountant at EY, Jon worked in various roles in the private equity sector in New York including at JP Morgan Chase.
- The building blocks of a value-based approach to investing.
- How charting formations can help to finesse entry and exit points
- Top down, or bottom up? Which is best?
- Breaking down technical analysis jargon
- Candlesticks, descending wedges, triangle patterns, head & shoulders, moving averages, bullish doji’s– how to identify them, what they mean, and how they can help your investing outcomes
- How to arrive at an assessment of a company’s intrinsic value, and what valuation methodologies are the most robust?
- Some essential portfolio management techniques, the importance of diversification, and common mistakes
- The importance of rebalancing, risk management approaches, dividend reinvestment and franking credit considerations
- All participants will have the opportunity to ask questions during the webinar.
- All attendees will receive an exclusive recording of the session to refer back to.
- Access to the webinar will be strictly limited, to ensure attendees have the opportunity to ask as many questions as they need to during the session.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT CODE: MEMBER199
Join the Investing Masterclass for only $299 (inclusive of GST)
Offer extended - $199 (inclusive of GST)
*Terms & Conditions:
- Booking is on a first come, first serve basis as seats are limited.
- Booking is non-refundable.
- If you are unable to attend on the day, a recording will be emailed for future reference so you don’t miss out.
- All information provided during the workshop is general information only, no personal advice is provided. If you are seeking such advice, please see a financial planner or advisor.
- Past performance is no indicator of future performance.
Fat Prophets says “that’s not a knife”
Angus Geddes, Founder & CEO of Fat Prophets, has been looking for a stockmarket correction for a while now. With a 5% correction so far in September, is that it? Nope. Not even close. Technicals are looking bearish for the S&P500, markets are still priced for perfection, and yields are poised to rise. Even more ominously, US big tech stocks are priced off next to zero interest rates …
Source: Ausbiz – Sep 2021
Ampol offer a ‘relief’ for Z Energy shareholders
Greg Smith, Head of Research at Fat Prophets runs the ruler over company reports in New Zealand to start the week, including Chorus (CNU) and Freightways (FRE), however, it’s M&A that’s really captured his attention. Ampol (ALD ) has submitted a non-binding indicative proposal to acquire Z Energy (ZEL) for a cash offer price of NZ$3.78 per share. Ampol’s CEO says a successful acquisition would lead to considerable benefits to the New Zealand market by helping to maintain fuel security and support New Zealand industry. Spark Infrastructure (SKI) also has an offer on the table, something Greg says is indicative of a broader wave of M&A on both sides of the Tasman.
Source: Ausbiz – Aug 2021
Why commodity price trends look like a bowl of spaghetti
David Lennox, Resource Analyst at Fat Prophets is not fazed by commodity prices trending all over the place. Is there an iron ore price floor at $130/t, quite likely he says, since the bad news has come out all at once, and the US infrastructure bill hasn’t materialised into action yet. David spells out what’s to like about the just-announced merger of Santos (STO) and Oil Search (OSH). He also offers his thoughts on the coal price boom and how EV vehicle demand is driving nickel prices to 2014 highs. Is coal’s price boom about to be the portend to a massive bust? I guess we’ll all find out.
Source: Ausbiz – Sep 2021
Why Santos is oil you need in the portfolio
It is not surprising we have had a correction, says Jon Mills, Research Analyst from Fat Prophets. The market has been performing so well for so long, says Jon, so this is a healthy move. Fat Prophets is seeing opportunities in the energy space and is bullish on the oil price. Jon believes demand will continue as the global economy continues to re-open from the COVID-19 pandemic. The delta variant slowed things down temporarily, however vaccines are being rolled out rapidly across the globe, he says. One of Jon’s favourite stocks is Santos (STO). He believes Santos’ merger with Oil Search merger will create a more diversified group with exposure to oil, natural gas and energy both in Australia, PNG and Alaska, and is poised to benefit from what Jon believes is a high oil price. Find out why Jon is selling PEXA Group (PEX).
Source: Ausbiz – Sep 2021